During the last 4 years we have seen unprecedented levels of stockmarket volatility following the banking crisis, but over 60% of investors have not had their portfolio reviewed for more than 12 months & 20% for more than 3 years. Source: Research conducted by One Poll – 2010
Out of 2,000+ funds available in the UK many that were ‘Best Buys’ 2 years ago have now been closed to new business or withdrawn due to poor performance. Average fund manager tenure is approx. 2 years.
This all means that a fund which was suitable some years ago may now have changed, different fund managers with different styles may now be in place and different market conditions will be prevalent. It is therefore important that portfolios are reviewed.
If you have not reviewed your portfolio for some time you should address the matter before it’s too late. This ensures that you are not over-exposed to risk and that you have not missed out on strong investment returns.
How can Chartwell Wealth Management help?
Founded in 1992, Chartwell Financial Services now manages over £150m on behalf of individuals, corporate clients and trustees.
With an average experience of 22 years in financial services our expert consultants are perfectly placed to guide you through the portfolio construction process.
Chartwell Portfolio Review Service
Designed for portfolios of £250k + which are already ‘in situ’ we offer a full portfolio management and review service.
Our service offers to:
- Perform a full analysis of your risk profile and capacity for loss
- Agree whether you are investing for capital preservation or capital appreciation
- Provide specific recommendations for a suitable investment strategy to reduce risk & volatility through diversification
- Implement any proposed changes
- Help you to understand whether your tax position has changed since the last review
- Agree your investment timescale
- Regularly review your investment strategy; on a six-monthly or annual basis (as per your requirements).